Thursday, October 17, 2013

Six Years of Onslaught on Norval Morrisseau Legacy by Ritchie Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer

 -
~ REVISED on November 4th, 2014

>>> Brief introduction of an individual who single-handedly caused the greatest harm to the Norval Morrisseau Art Market and whose name is infamously connected with the Legacy of Norval Morrisseau - recently supported by Donald C. Robinson in a court case Otavnik Vs Sinclair (Court File No. SC 09-00082782-0000) and served, together with Donald C. Robinson, as the plaintiff's only witnesses in a court case Hatfield, Margaret Lorraine vs. Child, Donna and Artworld of Sherway * (Court File No. SC-09-087264-0000)...

Note: Both of these paintings which were involved in these two court cases had been proven authentic Norval Morrisseau artworks by forensic science on August 24th, 2010/May 27th, 2011 & December 19th, 2011 (click HERE).  

... This is a story about an individual whose alleged "efforts to identify Norval’s true artistic legacy" are recognized by Donald C. Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries ["AN EXAMINATION INTO THE AUTHENTICITY OF AN ALLEGED 1970'S NORVAL MORRISSEAU PAINTING" - EXPERT REPORT; September 10th, 2009; Page 74].

* - Both, Donald Robinson and Ritchie Sinclair were discredited in this pivotal court case relevant to authenticity of Norval Morrisseau artworks (click HERE).





















"Water Spirts", © 1979 Norval Morrisseau


The Chronology of Communication with Blog Master:

1. On 22-NOV-2007 Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer posted a complimentary comment for an article Another painting that was for sale...: Note that the painting in question was the one that he would at this present time label as an "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau" on his defamatory www.morrisseau.com (click HERE).

IMPORTANT NOTES: This painting for which Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer made this compliment "And a beautiful Morrisseau it is - so embued with Vision!" . This paintings was defaced on January 27, 2010 by Bryant Ross who is the director of Coghlan Art Studio & Gallery in Aldergrove, BC. This act of vandalism was reported by Ms. Katie Mercer ( "The Province" reporter) in her "Portrait of a scandal" article which content was in full support by Kinsman Robinson Galleries as posted on their twitter at http://twitter.com/KinsmanRobinson (click HERE to view a twit which surfaced on the day of Ms. Katie Mercer's print/online article or click HERE for this twit's screen capture).

* This online article "Portrait of a scandal" has been deleted by "The Province" editors and as of August 2010 it is not available for viewing anymore (click HERE for a screen capture of this online article). Printed version of this article, in which an important statement from the 'National Art Gallery of Canada' was taken out of context to support Katie Mercer's newspaper article, will be presented on the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG very soon.

** The above shown painting 'Water Spirits' together with 'Upper and Lower Worlds' were also presented in our posted article The truth behind 'Open Letter to the Norval Morrisseau Heritage Society', describing a letter which was never answered by the NHMS.

~ It is important to note that Ms. Katie Mercer commenced an interview with me which lasted approx. 45 minutes and in spite of saying that she did not want take any sides in the debate regarding Norval Morrisseau's art authenticity issues she clearly took the side of Bryant Ross, Gabor M. Vadas and Mark Anthony Jacobson a.k.a. PEY-SIM-AWAY-APEY-BINASI!?

* More information regarding my interview with Ms. Katie Mercer will be presented on these pages soon.

~ Click HERE for more...


2. Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer's first 'contribution' occurred a month later when he e-mailed me on 23-DEC-2007 printed below verbatim showing me his agreement with all that I had posted on the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG about the 1970's paintings he would later flip-flop on with his notorious website www.morrisseau.com in October 2008:

"Hello Spirit Walker I have watched your blog grow and glow! It's a classy piece of work. As you may know, Norval expects Brian and I to launch the "exoteric" Copper Thunderbird School of Shamanistic Arts now. One of the great new manifestations of "organic art" is Mastership of Internet thoughtways. Impeccable adornment of a tool converts it into a Talisman, whether a pouch or a website. Good work! We hope to launch the Thunderbird School both with a community website and a meeting centre in Toronto by the next full moon. Your website is my favourite Morrisseau website for many reasons. I will be putting up our site at shamanisticarts.com. It will be modeled along similar lines to my experimental sports community/matchup site recently built at sportspirit.com. I have envisioned a possibility where you and I could harmonize forces to facilitate the 'Morrisseau' movement as a whole, and in a general sense. We both appear to share a healthy respect for Spirit and for The People's voice. For now, I just wanted to touch base with you.

Where do you live?

Ritchie Toronto
416-968-2838"

~ Click HERE for more...


3. Then, on 26-AUG-2008 he contacted me with the following request:

"Hi Spirit Walker It's Ritchie Will you do me a favour and remove this comment I made from your blog? People are using it to attack me and I can't afford to get in the middle of this right now.

www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5722577745830268902&postID=1395980929629486812

Our work is too important! I love your blog, as you know, and I continue to appreciate your support of my work (and you). Attached is an ad for my new show (Hope you can attend!). I'd love it if you chose to post it. Here is some writing about my "using Norval's name" to promote my career that you can also post if you wish.

In my new Exhibition, "Spirit", I am capitalizing on Morrisseau's name and fame, however my motive for doing so is not financial. Long ago Morrisseau chose to plant a seed Vision within me. This Vision revealed the timely emergence of a Thunderbird School of Shamanistic Arts....

... I see the Thunderbird School serving as a kaleidoscope beacon with the work, vision and spirit of Copper Thunderbird (Morrisseau) to guide it. My mission (and the School's) is to continue beautifying the world with significant imagery. Each image will serve as a talismanic homing signal lighting a pathway home to a community of inspiration. Norval fully supports this initiative, as do other First Nations elders. When "$" people question the integrity of "using his name" I'll just say that I'm doing my job, just as Norval wished me to. He wants me to "use his name"! For Stardreamer the "emergence" begins on September 6, 2008, at the Scollard Street Gallery (112 Scollard Street in Toronto). On the very street where Morrisseau's art career was fashioned and became fashionable "Spirit will be moving".

Ritchie Sinclair Stardreamer Toronto, Canada"

NOTE: I promoted this exhibition but after he launched 'Norval Morrisseau Art Market Devaluation Attack' I deleted all material from the blog that pertained promotion of his artworks.

~ Click HERE for more...


4. Then, he posted on October 5, 2008 as a comment on John Zemanovich's blog. John Zemanovis is also known as Raven Thunderbird' (Blog Master of the suspended honouringnorvalmorrisseau.blogspot.com - writer from Toronto, Ontario):-

Stardreamer* said...

Just to clarify - the "Spirit of Shamanism" is an inclusive energy. I certainly don't mean to imply that Spirit Walker is the "enemy". Far from it - this man's passion for the school and the artwork, (whether forged or authentic) deserves my respect. I also enjoy his sense of style and design in developing his blog.

There is a feud of sorts underway between various parties with regard to what is a Morrisseau forgery and what isn't. Its a grand mystery. One that only a great trickster could dream up (guess who?). Spirit Walker's work was largely responsible for inciting the creation of the KRG blog (the "camp" where I first posted the statement above). He has galvanized the internet effort to clarify the breadth of the body of Morrisseau's art. He was the first with the energy and vision to give a voice to Morrisseau enthusiasts on the internet. Well done Spirit Walker! Good work.

As a webmaster I own the domain names Morrisseau.com and Morrisseau.ca. I used to own NorvalMorrisseau.com but I gave it to KRG (and in turn Gabe) for safekeeping, as it is Norval's personal name. Through an oversight KRG failed to renew it a couple of years later and Spirit Walker picked it up on the open market. Such trickery is the work of a certain Grand Shaman in the act of pleasuring himself (and ultimately us). Those who know Norval as the Grand Shaman must agree.

The Great Spirit is inclusive. We are brothers and sisters. Norval is a master magician and we are co-actors in a drama of extraordinary proportions.

Spirit Walker has a starring role. (you too Raven!)

>>>>>>>>> Stardreamer
October 5, 2008 3:56 AM

NOTE: He tried to convince me that his intentions are honourable and on many occasions he requested to hand over to him the use of www.norvalmorrisseau.com which I refused.

~ Click HERE for more...


5. Shortly after, on October 13, 2008 Ritchie R. Sinclair launched 'Norval Morrisseau Art Market Devaluation Attack' by labeling hundreds of authentic Norval Morrisseau's paintings as "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus" on his defamatory website www.morrisseau.com.

/click HERE for a page sample of authentic Norval Morrisseau paintings blatantly labeled "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus"/


ADDITIONAL NOTES:

After starting the 'Norval Morrisseau Art Market Devaluation Attack' Mr. Sinclair added the following disclaimer note at the end of each of the pages on his website http://www.stardreamers.com/ in "Woodland Art Online" Gallery (click HERE):

"The images posted in this archive are not for sale. They are simply pictures that I collected from various internet art sources years ago and posted here for inspiration and enjoyment. With the exception of paintings that I witnissed painted or Exhibited by Morrisseau I have no way of discerning whether the images shown here are all authentic Morrisseau originals. Nevertheless, Enjoy!"

... Still, even after admitting that 'he has no way of discerning what is and what is not an original work by Norval Morrisseau except those he witnessed painted or Exhibited by Norval Morrisseau' he was able to label hundreds of paintings in galleries all across the North America and private collections as "Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseaus" without even seeing them and examining them in person (see his defamatory website http://www.morrisseau.com/ under the category "Forged Morrisseau Art").



--


















"Untitled", © 1977 Norval Morrisseau


6. My response to his actions with www.morrisseau.com were presented on the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG as follows: 'Blog Master's Public Address V' (October 17, 2008) & 'Blog Master's Public Address VI' (October 30, 2008).

~ Click HERE for more...


7. After that he e-mailed me on Tuesday, December 09, 2008 with the following which is accurately presented as follows:

Subject: I have an idea...

Stardreamer: Call me Spirit Walker - 647-340-0862

Spirit Walker: Hi Stardreamer, What kind of idea do you have? Do you think that I might be interested in hearing it?

Stardreamer: I hope so...perhaps we can talk tonight?

Spirit Walker: Why don't you write briefly what would you like to talk about? You have done lots of harm to many people. I really do not understand why you needed all of this... or maybe your agenda is much "deeper" than anyone thinks it is... or maybe you know something that I don't?

Stardreamer: I want to talk about our collective future and the potential for a positive outcome to all of this...I believe that you and I are essentially honourable men. We both took shots at each other, yet we both know we could have gone further in doing so, and decided not to. After reading your previous letters to me, I decided that you and I might do well to discuss the issues with one another to see if there is a "creative" path available to us. I do have an idea (or vision) that I am interested in discussing with you. It may or may not be of some value. I don't know...we would need to both be forthcoming and trust one another a little. Not an easy task eh? You must know that those who tried to silence me have failed. I would prefer working with you than against you. Do you feel the same?

Spirit Walker: I would like to know if KRG had any influence on you and in which extent???

Stardreamer: None whatsoever...I answer to Norval...not Gabe, KRG, or anyone else.

Spirit Walker: Considering what you have done with www.morrisseau.com I really cannot see the way to "discuss the issues with one another to see if there is a "creative" path available to us". What kind of "creative path" you invision? Is there something that we can really talk about that is "creative"? You killed it all with your actions and put myself in very uncomfortable situation and you harmed Norval Morrisseau's Legacy in a process….something that I have never thought you would do EVERI WAS WRONG IN BELIEVING YOU. You caused all of this and you should pay for the consequences whatever they might be. Regardless, I will continue to honour Norval in a way his Legacy deserves…..

Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker

Stardreamer: I understand how you feel. I'll see you down the road my friend.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer has been recently supported by Donald C. Robinson of Kinsman Robinson Galleries in a court case Otavnik Vs Sinclair SC 09-00082782-0000 even after Ritchie R. Sinclair called number of paintingts from Kinsman Robinson Galleries' publication as 'Inferior Counterfeit Morrisseau's". These paintings were from the book "Norval Morrisseau: Travels to the House of Invention" (1997) which was copyrighted by Norval Morrisseau and Kinsman Robinson Galleries themselves (click HERE & HERE).

Also, click HERE to view deleted post (with all pertaining comments) from KRG Blog showing Norval Morrisseau, Gabor M. Vadas, Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer and Paul C. H. Robinson having a dinner at Donald C. Robinson's home to commemorate this book launch in September 1997.

~ Click HERE for more...


8. Then, on November 22, 2010 the following was e-mailed by Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer as a response to the post Refuting the defamation of character by Ritchie Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer (Part I), sent to Mr. Robert F. Lavack and Blog Master concurrently:
-

My concerns about your defamatory comments...

"November 22 2010
Sent from Toronto, Canada


Mr. Lavack and Mr. Matulic,

The two of you have published plain and obvious defamatory comments about me on the http://norvalmorrisseau.blogspot.com/ specifically on the pages http://norvalmorrisseau.blogspot.com/2010/11/refuting-defamation-of-character-by.html published on Thursday, November 11, 2010 and a comment by you published at http://norvalmorrisseau.blogspot.com/2010/07/norval-morrisseau-conspiracy-unveiled_555.html on 01 November, 2010 18:29
- Mr. Matulic well knows what motivates him to libel me since October 2008 therefore take this note as a cease and desist notice sent specifically to yourself, Mr. Lavack. -


I asked you significant and precise questions that weren't answered by you, but were instead deflected with other stories you appear to want to speak of, and defamation. You personally appear to have passed my correspondence to you on to Mr. Matulic, with your directions that he publish my letters (and your response letters) on the internet. Furthermore, you saw fit to have Matulic publish your personal dispersions and assessments of personality disorders that you attribute to me.

You also state that you are suing me. The legitimate questions I asked, that apparently have been asked by others before me, including your niece, require answers. If anything you have only raised more questions by your actions. To date I have received no correspondence from your legal representatives. Though you appear to be a Canadian citizen living in Czechoslovakia I too am looking into my options to suing you for defamation, and to that end have a meeting with legal counsel tomorrow.

Accordingly, I expect to see the defamatory material you have had published against me removed immediately from the website you used to defame me, and any other websites the defamation you wrote about me now appears on, or I will certainly act to protect my interests and name.

Sincerely,
Ritchie Sinclair"


~ Click HERE to view this communication between Ritchie R Sinclair and Mr. Robert F. Lavack @ Blog Master (dated November 22nd, 2010).
-

-


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"Dance of the Weasels", © 1976 Norval Morrisseau



>>> The following is Mr. Robert F. Lavack's answer to Ritchie R. Sinclair's "My concerns about your defamatory comments...":

Defamatory comments ?

"Ritchie Sinclair,

Thank you for the amusing email of Nov 22. You appear have some disillusions about my Morrisseau Blog involvement. This should be clarified. Also, who the guilty party really is in initiating the defamatory remarks. It's all been noted by screen captures before you erased these from your blog. So let's get things straight.

I have never, as you stated, been involved with any Morrisseau blogs other than providing material I have in my 'Morrisseau Papers' file. Some of this information is of interest to researchers, authors and recently collectors. My recent use of the Spirit Walker (SW) blog was forced upon me by your malicious statements about my WW2 military service. Not to forget your innuendos about my leaving Canada in the early 1970s that inferred a 'criminal' element. The UN would love that! To counter this I sought and was given permission by SW aka Ugo Matulic to use his blog to defend myself against your uncalled for and vicious slander.

From your erratic behaviour you appear to be an individual that seeks recognition by demeaning other people who don't share your opinions. Or perhaps who seem to pose imagined threats to your 'expertise'. A typical example is the 'Dance of the Weasels' painting. You fantasise that I implied the painting was an authentic Morrisseau because I posted a statement on the SW blog that I liked it. Also that it didn't matter to me if it was an authentic Morrisseau or not. I stated this clearly with no inference either way. But you twisted this into one of implied provenance. I am still trying to buy the painting because it is humorous and beautiful. Your 'expertise' has now turned the painting into a high priced item that may in time turn it into Norval Morrisseau's Van Gogh's Sun Flowers with the loss of an ear legend. My latest generous offer for this painting was declined, so perhaps that will give you some comfort.

To ensure your fantasies don't go further astray, my contact with SW stems primarily from my interest in his computer research methods. These I find brilliant. I adopted some of his techniques for my own projects that are not related to Morrisseau art. My interested in the SW blog started when I read a racist posting on another blog that stated, 'Will the Real Spirit Walker Please Stand Up'. I expected some sort of praise for SW as a blog master. But I was shocked by the downgrading remarks and innuendos, similar to the ones you use, that were posted. It made me wonder why someone would attack a Croatian immigrant in such a demeaning manner. Did a Croatian ethnic background make it taboo for him to be interested in the North American Indian culture and art? I was so shamed as a Canadian that I contacted SW aka Ugo Matulic to apologise as a Canadian for this racist slight. I hope the Governor Generals Office & other political entities also apologised.

This led to further contacts with SW and my writer's interest made me wonder how he became interested in North American Indian culture and their art. This turned out to be an interesting story that I would never share with you as it would likely be defamed in your usual manner. It has found a place in my files and perhaps used by researching art historians in the future. My interest in the SW and other Morrisseau blogs will remain at the observer level and not that of the blog master with which you credit me. Spirit Walker and I don't agree on all aspects discussed on the Morrisseau blogs. For example, I have a high regard for Gabor and Michele Vadas' and their long term and ignored sacrifice to rehabilitate Norval Morrisseau. That alone extended his creative life span for 20 years and was no easy chore. It is worth noting that SW supports my views on this but his strong ethics doesn't allow him to accept Gabor's opinion relating to numerous paintings that Gabor has labeled as fakes and SW considers authentic. Our opinions also differ somewhat in relation to other blog masters whom I hold in high regard.

I also don't understand your convoluted explanation of how the KIA information found by my niece can be used as an excuse for posting the defamation about my WW2 RAF service. She at least questioned the validity of the KIA museum records, whereas you thought you had hit the jackpot when you read a similar KIA report on the web. You seized this gem of misinformation as a foil to attack SW and my credibility. A rather sneaky thing to do because you never expected I would read your blog. Fortunately Spirit Walker informed me and I was able to counter your intended deceit. Now you are trying to justify your despicable actions by indicating I'm a partner in the Spirit Walker blog . Using the SW blog was the only timely and available way for me to counter your insidious defamation.

You latest email continues to carry innuendos like, "Though you appear to be a Canadian citizen living in the Czechoslovakia" ... really insidious! So let's at least get that correct or you may start another "Will the Real Robert Lavack Please Stand Up". I am a Canadian citizen and currently live in both Sweden and the Czech Republic. I was considering legal action against you but was advised by legal friends that libel is a timely and costly process that can seldom be justified. I passed this information on to the Gabe and Michele Vadas because communicating with a person like you is distasteful and a waste of time. So please start your legal action as I would love to become the defendant and expose you in court. You should also stop linking me with Ugo Matulic as a 'blog partner' because I don't have his expertise in that field and would only be a burden. I also don't take sides unless a person like you attacks me for some unknown reason. I am proud to be classified as Ugo Matulic's friend but haven't the time to be on his blog team. I hope to meet him someday as I classify him as a brilliant eccentric. Rare individuals that advance science, arts and civilisation in general. Whereas people like you soil the fabric of a great society like Canada.

Robert Lavack"

~ Click HERE to view this communication between Mr. Robert F. Lavack and Ritchie R. Sinclair (dated November 24th, 2010).

BLOG MASTER'S NOTES: This defamation of character by Ritchie R. Sinclair a.k.a. Stardreamer, who claims to be a "Chosen Protégé of Norval Morrisseau", was published on October 28th, 2010 in post titled ”Nanabajou in Frog Skin connected with the Worlds flood (1968) Norval Morrisseau and the David Voss Letters (2001-2008)” (click HERE for "Google's cache" ) which since has been modified with all comments pertaining to Mr. Robert F. Lavack deleted.

~ Click HERE for this deceitful innuendo's screen capture which has been since deleted by Ritchie R. Sinclair from his blog shortly after Mr. Lavack’s comment took place. Click HERE & HERE for BEFORE & AFTER screen captures of this post Ritchie R. Sinclair used for character defamation of Mr. Robert F. Lavack. Also, click HERE to view the number of posts listed on this blog (used without permission) involving Mr. Lavack which Ritchie R. Sinclair used without permission on his website www.morrisseau.com for purposes of slandering Mr. Lavack's credibility.-

"THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS PLATFORM IS BASED ON DATA COLLECTED FROM THE PUBLIC DOMAIN AND OTHER VERIFIABLE SOURCES WHICH WILL BE PUT FORTH ACCORDINGLY AS SUBMISSIBLE EVIDENCE IN A CANADIAN COURT OF LAW."

BLOG MASTER'S COMMENT: After three years of investigation by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Thunder Bay Police Service and after six court cases over the period of six years (click HERE) nobody has ever been successful in pointing out one case where it was proven that someone made, sold, distributed or even marketed one "fake" Norval Morrisseau painting.

Ugo Matulić a.k.a. Spirit Walker





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> In a court judgement "Hatfield vs. Artworld of Sherway" /Court File No. SC-09-087264-0000/ Judge Paul J. Martial stated the following about Mr. Joseph McLeod of Maslak McLeod Gallery:

“He demonstrated a superior depth of knowledge of Morrisseau…” (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 25)


“The testimony of Mr. Joseph McLeod is indicative of his care and the detailed effort to confirm provenance, including the hiring of a forensic expert to examine the signature on the back of the painting indicate that he took his role to provide appraisals seriously. His testimony… demonstrates his depth of knowledge of the painter due to his lengthy association with the artist.”
(Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 35)


"His (Ritchie Sinclair's) methodology in identifying forgeries is clearly inadequate and suspect since he testified that he does not even view the original paintings before condemning them as fakes." (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 16)

"Mr. Robinson (of Kinsman Robinson Galleries) was qualified as an expert in the area of valuation and appraisal. His testimony however overlapped into the area of handwriting and included an analysis of syllabic and English handwriting, areas for which he was not qualified.

"He has no formal training as an expert witness in handwriting analysis and his evidence is rejected. (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 37)


"Dr. Singla's forensic evidence is preferred in this regard and his finding that it is highly probable that the painting "Wheel of Life" was painted by Norval Morrisseau was supported by his detailed technical analysis of known signatures of' Norval Morrisseau. (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 37)


"The Court finds that there is overwhelming evidence that Norval Morrisseau signed paintings in black brush paint.” (Judgment by Judge Paul J Martial: March 25th, 2013 - Page 34)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
  --

No comments: