Monday, August 15, 2011

The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part XIII)

-
- 1980's PERIOD

-




















"Untitled" [Merman], © 1980s Norval Morrisseau
/Click on image to Enlarge/


"Nepii-Naba, the merman, who brought good luck to those who offered him tobacco and, in return, helped Indians to travel safely on lakes and rivers"
-
Norval Morrisseau
-

-
-


>>> Reference posts:
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part I),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part II),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part III),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part IV),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part V),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part VI),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part VII),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part VIII),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part IX),
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part X)
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part XI) &
- The Power of Morrisseau Colour (Part XII).

* The acrylic painting on canvas in this post: "Untitled" [Merman], © c. 1980s Norval Morrisseau; PROVENANCE: Acquired directly from the artist /Private Collection/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's true about the colour having an influence in one's life. Years ago I picked a book about Feng Shui and in that book it discussed the best colours suited for any particular individual should follow. In my reading it stated that my most powerful colours should be bright greens.I have always been fond of the colour green actually.But I have never really incorporated it into my environment at home or in what I was wearing. I began to introduce this colour into my life and immediately started to feel better overall I must say. There are certain colours I am now convinced that just vibrate with a particular person's aura as it were. I wonder what an effect of painting a room green and having green matching decor in that room would have on my person? I have heard of people doing such things before with yellow and purple. As far as Morrisseau's are concerned and looking back at all the paintings that I have seen created by this masterful artist;the pieces that have bright greens or aqua-marine green with a splash of turquois have always been very soothing to me.

Complex Simplicity