Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 REMEMBERED

-


















"Twin Towers" (Chi We Gwam - BIG HOUSE), acrylic on canvas, 60"x72",
© 2003 James A. Simon MISHIBINIJIMA /Click on image to Enlarge/



TWIN TOWERS: Respect towards a house has degraded through the years as the house itself supposed to be your safest dwelling to live and sleep. As you look around you, you'll see everything was created from the ground you walk on. Society needs to plant a word phrase in peoples minds: " I RESPECT YOUR HOME."

Note: These are the images I painted after viewing the 9-11 tragedy unfolding on my television set. I needed to do something to ward off this dark light that was building inside me which sometimes become a painter's creative block which is an awful time for an artist to go through.

This event offers a warning that society in general lost the art of dialogue towards helping people for their basic survival. And this is my small part in society to offer these paintings as a gift properly.

James A. Simon MISHIBINIJIMA





Source: M I S H I B I N I J I M A - International Contemporary Artist
/Text & image used with permission of the artist/
-

>>> Reference posts:
- Touched by the Hand of God
- Great Anishinaabe/Woodland Artists (Part XI)
-/Ref.: James A. Simon MISHIBINIJIMA; ARTIST STATEMENT/,
-
* The painting in this post: "Twin Towers" (Chi We Gwam - BIG HOUSE), Acrylic on Canvas, 60"x72", © 2003 James A. Simon MISHIBINIJIMA

No comments: