Thursday, March 7, 2013

MISHIBINIJIMA's support to Mr. Joseph McLeod and to the NORVAL MORRISSEAU BLOG

-




























"Earth Child", © James A. Simon MISHIBINIJIMA
~ MISHIBINIJIMA's dedication to Norval Morrisseau


"The late Norval Morrisseau was a man who began the Woodland Art Movement in Canada not knowing he'll carve out a path for Native culture in Canada and beyond.

Mishibinijima is a second generation artist from Northern Ontario and had the pleasure of meeting Norval Morrisseau at The McMichael's Canadian Art Collection art gallery in Kleinburg, Ontario in 1974.

I fully support the people that stand behind the legacy of Norval Morrisseau's and to bring peace to the ones that have concerns towards his works of art."

MISHIBINIJIMA 2013

Source: M I S H I B I N I J I M A - International Artist and Consultant
/Text & image used with permission of the artist/
-




"THIS POST HAS BEEN FULLY APPROVED BY MR. JAMES A. SIMON MISHIBINIJIMA, NEXT TO DAPHNE ODJIG AND ALEX JANVIER, THE GREATEST LIVING ARTIST OF THE WOODLAND (ANISHINAABE) ART MOVEMENT."


/Ref.: James A. Simon MISHIBINIJIMA; ARTIST STATEMENT/,
- Experts in Norval Morrisseau's Art (Part I) /Ref.: Mr. Joseph McLeod/,
* The painting in this post: "Earth Child", 65"x54", © Jamesa A. Simon Mishibinijima /Collection of the artist/

No comments: